The Lancashire Referees' Association (LRA) was founded in 1922. It consists of all the Referees Societies falling within the area of the Lancashire Football Association. Details of individual
branches and their meetings can be found by clicking on the link on the left.
The Objectives of the Association are:
- To Improve the status of referees
- To improve the standard of refereeing
- To promote a closer relationship between referees and Associations
- To assist all Associations to promote the best interest of the game of Association Football
- To assist any existing Referees' Association or Society, where possible in their educational and general work,
- To establish Referees' Associations or Societies in districts where none exist,
- To watch over and promote the interest of referees in general,
- To protect members from injustice and unfair treatment,
- To assist, where possible, any member who is unjustly treated in matters involving refereeing, when requested to do so by that member's Association in writing or Society in writing.
- To make representation to the governing bodies of football and referees, when necessary, for the good of the game and the benefit of referees and refereeing
- To give assistance when appropriate from the Benevolent Fund.